Recruitment Directory's Blog - Australia's #1 Recruitment Technology Blog!
LinkedIn Answers http://www.linkedin.com/answers?trk=msitejobseek
is very powerful tool on LinkedIn as it can help you establish yourself as an expert in your niche. LinkedIn Answers is one of the best places on the web to share business knowledge - you can ask and answer questions on specific subject matter.
By demonstrating your expertise on LinkedIn you earn recognition that helps you build your credibility. The more points of expertise you gain, the higher you appear on lists of experts.
The beauty of answering questions on LinkedIn is that you have no idea who may be reading your answers. Pick a couple of great questions that you can add value to and answer them. After you have answered a few, try to post a few questions.
Don't be defeated if you do not get answers, rephrase the question and put it out again. Be consistent become known as an expert.
Here are some tips for answering questions that will build your reputation
- Choose questions that will have a positive effect on your credibility
- Don't be afraid to question other expertís responses and offer your own point of view
- Give some thought to what you want to say
- Don't be flippant with your answers; again, it's your reputation
- Don't lie or make up facts in your answers
- Provide references and/or statistics to back up your answer
- Recommend experts from your network when you can
- Give websites that others can go visit if possible
- Check spelling, grammar and use of language
When posting questions follow these simple tips for asking good questions:
Article URL: http://www.recruitmentdirectory.com.au/Blog/using-linkedin-answers-to-become-an-expert-in-your-niche-a101.html
Article Tags: Hide Comments (0)
- Make them meaningful
- Make the topic of your question current
- Make sure that it will build credibility around your area of expertise
- Don't forget to close your questions
- Respond to every answer, thanking the person for their time and effort
- When possible choose a best answer for the people who took the time to answer
- Give clarifications when needed
- Use caution when throwing out goofy or possible inappropriate questions