Recruitment Directory's Blog - Australia's #1 Recruitment Technology Blog!
Recruitment Systems http://www.recruitmentsystems.com.au
aims to make recruiters more effective through intuitive technology and great advice. Each week the recruiters and technology experts that make up their team and client-base will post some clear and simple tips to help you become a remarkable recruiter. I was recently quoted in the latest newsletter below on "Maximise the Value of Your Recruitment Database". You can sign up to the weekly free newsletter here http://www.recruitmentsystems.com.au/effective-recruitment-tips.aspx
Working with recruiters across 20 countries, we have discovered that there is a lot of underutilised value in a recruiter's database. Effectively using your recruitment database is proven to lead to business growth. So we have compiled these 10 quick tips to help you maximise the value of your database.
- Keep your database onsite - in this uncertain economic climate you cannot afford to risk holding your data externally. Recently a US web-based professional photography hosting service closed down and 90% of their clients lost their very valuable intellectual property.
- Ask and record - ask the right questions to new candidates and clients and ensure this information is entered into your database completely and accurately.
- Garbage in, garbage out - all information management systems are only as good as the quality of information you enter into them.
- Segment and promote - a good Recruitment CRM will allow you to categorise your clients and candidates and then manage multi-channel promotions to engage or re-engage your existing contacts.
- Flag your “profit killers” - clients or candidates that waste your time should be flagged and avoided.
- Flag your platinum candidates - prioritise the candidates which you should stay into contact with over a longer period.
- Parse your CVs - To quickly and accurately process CVs, use a CV parsing system (such as CV Importer).
- Search your database first - ALWAYS check your database before posting to a job board. Search technologies such as ISYS make it very easy to find information but you will need to input sufficient information in the first place.
- Analyse your data - business intelligence applications can easily analyse your data and prepare reports to identify potential risks and new opportunities.
- Clean and update your data - Recruitment databases should be kept up-to-date and relevant. Recruiters will not value contact data if it is old and now inaccurate.
Thanks to Thomas Shaw
, Ross Clennett
and Jane Marshall
for their contributions to these tips.
Article URL: http://www.recruitmentdirectory.com.au/Blog/maximise-the-value-of-your-recruitment-database-a92.html
Article Tags: Hide Comments (0)